RE: [oletrucks] The cold got to me

To: "'Doug Pewterbaugh'" <dpewter@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] The cold got to me
From: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 17:53:46 -0500
>From what I can read it looks like these freeze plugs were stopped by Gm in
1936.  I have a manual that shows a special GM tool that you can wacky this
plug back into the block.  Is that what he is talking about or is my book
bad data.  I see that Jay stated that I need to remove the water pump to get
to the freeze plug.  Do you have any idea how to re-insert the freeze plug?

So far I have cleaned out my used extra water pump and cut two new gaskets.
When I looked at the truck for a hole I could see nothing.  I felt around
under the pump and it seem to be smooth.  Is this plug directly under the
water pump or do I need to pull the pump to get at the plug?  Even using a
mirror and lots of lights I can not see a plug or any type of insert into
the block.  Since my next step is to pull the radiator and swap the pump I
do not want to re-fill the radiator to see where the water is coming out
just to drain it again.

Thanks,
NHJim