Re: [oletrucks] The cold got to me

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] The cold got to me
From: Bruce K <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:47:10 -0600
Lucky that's all that happened.  This truck shouldn't boil over as
a normal thing in warm weather.  Probably a plugged radiator or possibly
a head gasket leak or too hot a thermostat (or you are running at
too low a cooling system pressure).

Something froze and burst, probably putting a big crack in the water
pump.  Lucky it was there and not the block, head, or radiator.

They make this wonderful stuff now called anti freeze that you add
to the water to keep this from happening <g>.

Even if it is just a little below freezing, it is still below freezing
and bad stuff will happen to water only systems.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
MN

At Wednesday, 14 November 2001, you wrote:

>Well all summer my 46 1/2 ton was boiling over, after an hour drive.
>Original 216 with NO MODIFICATIONS, 65,000 miles, one rebuild with
+30, new
>head job last summer.  It runs great in the winter and below 70
outside it
>hangs out around 175.  So I just add a 1/2 gallon of water as needed
and I
>was on my way.
>
>Now that the temp had dropped and I did not have anything in the system
>beside water, I now have a stream of water going down my driveway.  I
>refilled the system and started the motor.  Well it still is poring
out.  At
>first I thought it was coming through the driver side of the block.
Well
>now I have found it to be coming out the bottom of the water pump.
Between

EASY and FREE access to your email anywhere: http://kralweb.com/mail