[oletrucks] HOW WIDE: FRONT TIRES WITH MANUAL STEERING

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] HOW WIDE: FRONT TIRES WITH MANUAL STEERING
From: Brian J Luebke <luebkeb@zibsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:10:14 -0600
Don't you know you're supposed to keep you're hands on the
outside of the wheel when you're driving these babies off
road??  I learned the hardway too, I think I broke my thumb,
sore for a week..

but back to the original thread.  radials are better tires
cuz they have more surface area contact with the road.

This makes them extremely tuff to turn when stopped or moving
slow, like when your trying to park, when you use the
steering the most. hmm, funny how that works......

I would highly recommend the PS if "ma" wants to drive it!!
or stick with the old bias ply, they turn tuff too when
sitting, but not as bad as those radials.

Even so, I've heard that these old suspensions can be
stressed with these tires.  make sure all your tie rod ends
and such are in good shape and well lubed.

good luck, let us know what you decide.

keep truckin