RE: [oletrucks] New Pictures

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] New Pictures
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:23:43 -0600
> Just curious..what is your plan for bringing the wiring harness
through
> without messing up the slick firewall? I recently put a harness in a
56
> F*rd for a friend and he had me bring it out between the inner fender
and
> the outer fender in a piece of flexible plastic conduit. I did it as
he
> requested but it bugged me that it was going to be subjected to a
whole
> lot of water coming off the road. Just wondering what other people
do...
> BTW..the cab looks great! I remember when I was going through all this
> about a year or so ago..it was very exciting to see progress!

Well, the plan was similar to what you just said ... to hopefully run it
out the side and either under the fender well, or in the corner where
the fender well and firewall meet. I'm sure I'll have to put some sort
of hole in the firewall at some point in time. But when I do, it will be
through an appropriate sized hole with a grommet and all the hardware
will be up to par.

As for the water coming off the road, the wiring for your taillights,
etc runs along the frame and gets water too, any reason you feel that
what you and your friend was any worse than that?

Bill