Re: [oletrucks] Here's somewhere to start...

To: Jeff McCoy <bowtiebits@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Here's somewhere to start...
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:50:04 -0700 (MST)
I apologize for going off on Jeff like that.  I was under the impression
that he was just blindly sending advertisements for his company (which
does look like a nice operation, by the way) in response to requests for
parts.  I receive far too much spam in my email every day, and I figured
that Jeff's email was just another of those.

I will say that a simple, "Hi, we sell the part you're looking for, it's
part number 99999, and here's our web site and phone number," is a better
response to a request for parts information than a few screenfuls of
information about your company.

This discussion doesn't need to go on any more -- let's get back to
talking about our great ole trucks!

(P.S. I still think the quote in my signature is pretty nifty, and I use
it to sign all my email...)

Tim Lloyd, lloyd@lasp.colorado.edu
"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a
sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road.
But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still
get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be
perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding
extends to everything." -Yamamoto Tsunetomo