RE: [oletrucks] Front wheel bearings 51 AD

To: chevysix@attbi.com, jpeters@sikorsky.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Front wheel bearings 51 AD
From: josiah.bartlett@exgate.tek.com
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:15:44 -0700
The ball bearings (original) in my truck have survived more than 100,000
miles, at least 20k of which have been on radials from the previous owner of
my truck. I finally had to replace one of the inners because of a shattered
ball (and failed grease seal), but the rest of the bearings are doing just
fine still. The cages show a little wear but the balls and races are in
great shape. Are you sure the 'old salt' wasn't trying to sell you bearings?
I can buy at least two full sets of ball bearings for what it costs to
upgrade.