[oletrucks] Opinions

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Opinions
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:15:38 -0500
I'm having a restoration shop do the work on my cab, this mainly
pertains to metal work and replacement. I have to do a little along and
pay as I go, so sometime my cab might sit in the shop for a few months
untouched. Well, I went back in last week to have them do some more
work. I wanted the bottom of my other door fixed (they had already done
the drivers) and I had them put new bushings and pins in. I specifically
told the owner not once, but at least twice not to do any extraneous
body work. In the past, the worker had started blocking out the door
itself. While he did a good job, this is an area me and my brother can
do . it's the welding we have no experience in.

Well, to sum it all up, I got the latest bill in and it had lots of
bodywork that I feel was within the realm of the stuff I didn't ask for.
I'm willing to pay the bill as the work was done, but then again I
specifically asked them no to do this type of work. I'd hope me and the
owner could come to an agreement and have some of the labor removed (I'd
be willing to pay for the supplies). If not and I have to pay it all, I
might just have to pull out of the shop and do the rest myself (its very
near finished).

Anyone else had problems like this, having unwanted work done and then
being charged for it?

Thanks.

Bill