Re: [oletrucks] RE: s-10

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: s-10
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:42:57 -0600
We also had a 1988 S-10.  It now belongs to our daughter.  That was the
very best vehicle buy I've ever made.  It has been through a lot, hauled
many heavy loads, over 200,000 miles before we replaced the engine.  The
damned thing is still going strong.  The newer S-10 may be crap, but in the
late 1980s Chevy made a very good little truck.

BobK
1951 3600 5-window (still in pieces)
Arnaudville, LA

                      "Richards, Troy"

                      <trichards@hrgreen.        To:
"'oletrucks@autox.team.net'"
                      com>                        <oletrucks@autox.team.net>

                      Sent by:                   cc:       "'ccpanel@jps.net'"
<ccpanel@jps.net>
                      owner-oletrucks@aut        Subject:  [oletrucks] RE: s-10

                      ox.team.net

                      01/16/03 11:39 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Richards, Troy"

  I have mixed feelings about the S10. I loved my first S10, a bare bones
std cab 1988 model. It got me all over the east coast while in the Army. I
sold it when I moved back to Iowa and a couple years later I bought a 94
S10
LS extracab craporamma. I hated that truck. Every piece of it rattled, it
was useless in the snow, I actually got stuck in my own driveway and had to
have the neighbors help me push it into the street. Junk junk junk I
finally
sold it for a chunk less than I owed just to be rid of the damn thing.