[oletrucks] IFS to Frame

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] IFS to Frame
From: "Wayne Roworth" <wroworth@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:08:47 -0500
Hello All,

Once again I go to the "book of knowledge".

I'm the guy installing the '80 3/4 ton IFS into my '47 1 ton panel.
The old suspension and steering box is off the panel. If anyone is interested
email me. I live on the gulf coast of Florida.
I have run into a snag and am looking for advice.
First the frame braces are too wide to fit in the inside of the stock frame
rail. In addition, they interfere with the current engine mounts holding a 400
chevy small block. Should I have new frame braces made? If so, how should they
be fashioned? The donor ones are oddly shaped probably for strength. I could
have them made when I go to a metal fabricator to get the spacers and doubler
plate made.

What do you think?

Wayne