Re: [oletrucks] poor running engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] poor running engine
From: ke6bnl@juno.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:26:07 -0800
No expert on these truck have had mine for some 2 whole days now.  1953
3100 AD I would suspect it is in the carborator.  When it need lots of
fuel at higher rpm it is ok and that would help to dismiss the fuel pump
and filter, which would limit the volume and when lot of fuel is needed
and  make it stumble.  The carb is running lean I suspect.  You can
disconnect the fuel line and check volume and pressure, and the filter
never hurts to change out though.  Let us know what you come up with
though either way. Ed ke6bnl So.Calif.

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:12:46 -0800 "bgibson" <bgibson@mcc4u.com> writes:
> Clean your fuel line,and tank filter and tank, sounds like it is
> starving
> for fuel???? that's were I would start.
> Hoot

   Ed     ke6bnl@juno.com                     ( 1950 f1 & 1963econo pu

      Agua Dulce Ca.    91390                    70 chevy S/B)  1948 Ford
F3
      So.   Calif. 70 mil N.Eof Los Angeles   1953 Chevy pu 3100)