Re: [oletrucks] poor running engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] poor running engine
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 22:34:33 -0600
Two possibilities come to mind.  The first is a bad vacuum advance
on the distributor, though this doesn't really sound like that.

The second is that the low speed jet on the carb is plugged or set
too lean.  On TF trucks the low speed jet is adjusted by a screw
near the base of the carb, set at an angle.  AD trucks should be
pretty much the same.  I would try backing this screw out 1/4 turn
until the problem goes away.  Could also be something stuck in the
jet at the end of this needle valve.

Anyways, that is where I would start looking.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt Iron, MN