Re: [oletrucks] poor running engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] poor running engine
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:12:41 EST
bgibson@mcc4u.com writes:

<< Clean your fuel line,and tank filter and tank, sounds like it is starving
 for fuel???? that's were I would start.
 Hoot >>

    Also, since you're having to pull OUT the choke to make it run right, it
may be the carb is running TOO lean, except when cold when the choke is on.
Might need an idle jet adjustment, or the jets may be partially blocked and
can't get enough gas at higher RPMs. "Suddenly" giving it gas is using the
accelerator pump to shoot gas in, bypassing the jets. So, looks like you may
need to tear down the carb to check for junk inside, and clean the jet tubes
out if necessary. Or the float could be bad, causing low gas in the bowl, if
the float is holding gas, that could cause it to lose power until you force
gas thru the accelerator pump system or choke. I've seen both the brass
floats get holes, and the foam type absorb gas, so if you've never taken the
carb apart, may be a good time now. Good luck!

Jerry in Virginia
'55 TF Suburban