[oletrucks] advice on rust treatments

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] advice on rust treatments
From: "Gary R. Schwarzrock" <gschwarz@airtimeisp.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:35:16 -0600
Does anyone have any good or bad comments on rust treatments?   There are
three products that I have seen mentioned:

                    Eastwood "corolless"
                    POR-15
                    Rust Bullet

And a second thought.  Has anyone thought of or tried to make a 5 window cab
by cutting the window ports out of a thrashed deluxe cab and grafting them
into a good cab?  My thought was to cut the windows out right where the
rubber molding is on the outside with the thought that the drop into the
window hole and some "careful welding" might control the warpage, and then
cut the inside close to the door post and the rear window to get some
support for the weld seams on the inside.

Thanks,

Gary  1954 Chev 3100