Re: [oletrucks] advice on rust treatments

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] advice on rust treatments
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:06:13 -0500
My dad has the top of my '54 5-window cab so that he can graft the corner
windows into his '51 3-window cab (the '54 cab lower half was shot).  I was
emailing with a fellow listmember about how to go about this graft, but we
never really followed up on it.  I certainly am VERY interested in such a
project.  I keep hoping that Custom Classic Trucks will do something like
this.

BobK
51 3600 5-window (in pieces)
Arnaudville, LA

                      "Steve Hanberg"

                      <steve@OldSub.com>         To:       "Gary R.
Schwarzrock" <gschwarz@airtimeisp.net>,
                      Sent by:                    <oletrucks@autox.team.net>

                      owner-oletrucks@aut        cc:

                      ox.team.net                Subject:  Re: [oletrucks]
advice on rust treatments

                      07/13/03 02:26 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Steve Hanberg"

I'm aware of at least one other rust treatment,  called 'zero rust' or
something similar.  I too would like to understand why you'd use one
instead
of another.

For the last several months I've been trying to close a deal with a guy who
has a 5-windows cab, and one of the things I've thought about is putting
those windows in another truck.    I can't add any knowledge to the
discussion but would be curious what others might have experienced or seen.