Re: RE: [oletrucks] advice on rust treatments

To: Jason Stern <jason@bellegrove.net>
Subject: Re: RE: [oletrucks] advice on rust treatments
From: JOE GARCIA <joegarcia1@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:10:03 -0700
Hi Jason,

I'm going to chop the cab, lean back the A-pillars, move the center
back window down even with the corner windows to make them all the same
size, suicide the doors, smooth out the firewall, remove the side vents
on the passenger and drivers side of the cowl, remove the gas filler
hole etc.,  The cab will have a hood that is pie cut and leaned back at
the nose to match the leaned back look of the cab.  The hood will be
peaked in the center for some added lines but with no emblems.  I will
french the front headlight again just like with my current 50 p.u.  I
already smoothed out the front bumper by welding the bumper bolts to
the back of the bumper "just like my current truck".

The 3-window will get the same treatment but a recessed firewall and a
new floor with tranny tunnel.

I'm going to work on the 5-window first.

Joe