Re: [oletrucks] advice on rust treatments

To: "Michael Lubitz" <mlubitz@texas.net>, "Gary Perry"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] advice on rust treatments
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:47:56 -0700
In the late 40's my dad and a neighbor (who was a VERY experienced body man)
took two 37 Chevy's, and made one good one from them. They cut both bodies
across the windshield pillars, and across the floorpan. (From doorway to
doorway) And then welded the two good parts together. You couldn't see the
seam, even if you knew where it was. The biggest problem was getting the
measurements right. The main Chevy had gone thru the Vanport Flood (1947?).
My dad and I (I was abt 11 at the time!) and my 3 year older brother, took
everything apart in that car-brakes, engine, generator, starter, etc, and
rebuilt it. I did a lot of disassembly, and sanding. It was a good car when
we finished. Lasted for a LONG time. But I think that is abt the simplest
way of mating two bodies. Bob K in PHX, AZ.