RE: [oletrucks] Truck Shop Complaint

To: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Truck Shop Complaint
From: "Thomas, Robert" <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:45:53 -0800
Spencer:

You need to distinguish between the issue of "guilt" for the offense and
"punishment."  For "guilt," I would only need ONE incident.  The
punishment (either criminally [=jail & fine] or civilly [=$$]) would
depend on how wide-spread & egregious the offense was.

And, don't forget, good "bait and switchers" practice their "innocent
lines" so that they sound genuinely innocent.  That is why most consumer
protection legislation is written in what is called "strict liability"
language.  In other words, the issue would be more "what's it worth"
rather than "did he do it?"

It's time to retire this thread.

RT