[oletrucks] newer chevy truck question

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] newer chevy truck question
From: "Tom C." <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 06:10:48 -0500
I hope a newer Chevy truck question is ok. It takes my 1997 S-10 truck over
20 miles to get warm and then it is only luke warm so to speak. Where you
you guys start to look for this problem? I would think maybe the thermostat,
if that doesn't do it, then the water pump? I havn't checked the water
level, but could low water in the radiator cause it to not warm up? I
wouldn't think so since it is pumped through?
It got hot last year and real quick, so something has gone away.
Also, I know that the Dex-cool is what I need to use, but do I add it like I
would regular antifreeze? I have never used any Dex-cool.
Thanks for the input, and have a great day.
`       Tom
        55 2nd
        97 S-10----The truck in question