Re: [oletrucks] Re: Rear end gear ratios

To: "wayne osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Rear end gear ratios
From: "K. M. Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:31:08 -0800
You are absolutely right Wayne, all of these gear ratios and others were
standard in Pre-metric [1982] 10 &12 bolt GM cars.These can be still found
in many wrecking yards thru-out US and Canada. Another very good rear was
the Olds-Pontiac made in mid '50s until the mid '60s. these had standard
ratios of 3.50 and above, and parts are still available as many used the
Dana posi also used in the hi performance Chryslers in the late '60s and
'70s, the diff. gears and the axel splines were the same as the GM after
'58.
Lee