RE: [oletrucks] Open Cooling System in '50 GMC

To: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Open Cooling System in '50 GMC
From: "Thomas, Robert E." <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:03:32 -0800
All:
        I hate to disagree with my friend Bob Knotts, but if the truck
has NO thermostat in it, the water may be circulating TOO FAST to cool
down.  In operation, unless there is a problem, the thermostat is often
changing how much water it lets flow.

BTW, when was the last time the cooling system was flushed or the
radiator itself was rodded out?

Unless one is trying to keep the truck "stock looking," one might
consider a shroud from someplace like Brothers (or similar) and maybe a
flex fan.

Just my $.02.

RT