[oletrucks] 56 Chevy Frame Painting

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 56 Chevy Frame Painting
From: Pattie1tom@aol.com
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:02:46 -0400
Hello

Well my 56 Chevy is stripped down to the frame.  The plan is to de-rust the
frame and paint. I have two quick questions:

1) what is the proper frame color for a 56

2) what type of paint is best to use (i.e. por-15, zero-rust or waht about
rustoleum) (this may open some bantering on the subject but just tying to be
cost effective)

If the frame is stripped down to bare metal, primed and top coated, why not use
rustoleum. I am in Florida and will not be picking up too much salt of the
roads.

Any thought will be greatful.

Cheers,

Tom