Re: [oletrucks] 56 Chevy Frame Painting

To: "Keith Durand" <kdurand@MIT.EDU>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 56 Chevy Frame Painting
From: "K. M. Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:46:13 -0700
Yes that is the best way to prep metal for finish adhesion, now you need to
pick a protective finish , my point was we have found that the oil based
paints seem to better protect metal exposed to road chemicals than other
finishes. Tom's input is very good and I'm sure he has experienced these
things many times and I believe he lives where protection factors are
critical, much more than us desert rats.
Lee