Re: [oletrucks] Another Mustang II question

To: wits_end@worldnet.att.net, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Another Mustang II question
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:46:20 EST
In a message dated 1/7/05 12:27:40 PM Central Standard Time,
wits_end@worldnet.att.net writes:

> The kit manufacturer says use 74 to 80 MII or Pinto.  I'm wondering what
> the
> diferences are within those years, and what year I should buy. I'm assuming
> that dimensionally, they are the same.

  Harry, I don't know about the AD models, but with the TF's, they use a
"modified" rack and pinion. The MII kits are based the original MII's, but the
stock truck frame is wider than the original Mustang. There for, the Hot Rod
shops sell a "wider" rack and pinion than the stock one for a Mustang. If you
use
one from NAPA, you will probably have to get extension arms to reach your
spindles. (An extra joint to align, and mess with)
  IMO, you are better off going with what the shops sell. They have tested
and worked with everything to make sure it works right. By the time you buy the
extensions, figure everything out, and make it work, you will have ate up that
$40.

                                             Hope this helps, Good Luck,,,,
Pat Hollister
                                                                 Truckless