Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust - H-Pipe & Mufflers

To: tenisguy@gte.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust - H-Pipe & Mufflers
From: Rick <redbulldog@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:05:51 -0800 (PST)
Mark,
 I personally don't like the roar that the Flowmasters give off in the
cab...
 Thrust Turbo's on the other hand....I like them!

Rick

While I
have the cab off of my frame and have easy access, I thought it
would be a
good time to install the exhaust, but two questions have come
up.  First,
what do you guys think about an H-pipe (or balance pipe)?  I
have a 350
engine with headers, and I am going to run dual exhaust.  In
searching the
internet, H-pipes seem really common on Mustangs, but
otherwise I haven't
found much other than manufacturers and retailers
advising that you really
should have an H-pipe with a dual exhaust.
I've found universal H-pipe kits
from Summit and Jegs for $32, but is it
worth it?

Secondly, what about the
mufflers?  I'd like my truck to sound cool, but
not annoyingly loud inside.
I think I like the sound of the Flowmaster
50 series, but are they really $80
better than the (Dynomax) Thrush
Turbo mufflers I can get from the local auto
parts store for $20?  Any
recommendations or comments on whether I should get
two Thrush Turbos
for $40 or two Flowmasters for $200?