Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust - H-Pipe & Mufflers

To: tenisguy@gte.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust - H-Pipe & Mufflers
From: K50Chevy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 21:46:44 EST
If your exhaust is the same length on both sides and bends are equal I  don't
think an H- pipe is necessary. As far as the mufflers go I have two
different vehicles with Flow masters on them, two different set ups, two
different
sounds. One 83 Chevy P/U stock 350 with headers and duel 2 1/4 inch  pipes with
full tailpipes, sounds good, deep but not to loud. On the 50 Chevy  P/U I have
a Big cam 350 with headers 3 inch duels and turned down after the  mufflers,
it sounds frigin cool but it is a little loud. If you want everyone to  know
you are there, this is the set up for you. If you want the sound a little  more
mellow keep the pipe size smaller and run a full tailpipe. I'm not a big  fan
of turbo mufflers but they are less money. My 2 cents worth, Bye, Ken   P.S.
I'm running 40 series mufflers on both.