RE: [oletrucks] 58 Panel Update

To: KremerRAK@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 58 Panel Update
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:58:55 -0600
Rick:
Since you mentioned you couldn't get the engine restarted (even with
starting fluid), I think you need to verify that you have spark at the
cylinders.  Suggest you pull 1-2 spark plugs and crank it over while
grounding the plugs to the block to make sure you don't have electrical
problems.

May want to recheck the points gap in the distributor to make sure they
aren't remaining closed when you turn it over.

If you have a good spark at the plugs, I'd look next at the carb.

Hope this helps.  It's encouraging to hear you got the engine running after
being in storage all those years.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Hopewell, IL