[oletrucks] 58 Panel update

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 Panel update
From: KremerRAK@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:11:16 EST
Thanks to all of the help provided from fellow oletruckers - She  lives!.
Replaced the plugs, wires (had to make them), points, condenser,  coil wire
(positive side) and oil.  She doesn't even smoke too  bad.  Water drains
immediately from the bottom half of the water  pump.  Even though the tank had
gas in
it, nothing was coming out of the  carburator feed line.  Headlights (high
beams too), turn signals, horn and  gauges are all working.

Since she runs, I ordered the water pump and started draining the gas tank
so it can be removed and cleaned.  Any hints on cleaning the tank and  testing
or replacing the fuel pump will be greatly appreciated.

Once the fuel delivery system is completely self sufficient, I will address
the brakes.  The brake pedal doesn't even move but the parking brake  engages
and releases.  If you have been there and done that and don't mind  sharing,
direction in this area will also be appreciated.

The panel is a 31 (not 3100) and rated at 5,000 GVW.  The local parts  stores
don't even have a reference in their computer systems.  Will this be  the
same as a 1/2 ton or is it more heavy duty.

I have never brought an old engine back to life before.  It is quite
satisfying and I look forward to taking this truck for its first  ride.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Rick Kremer
54 5 window under construction
58 Panel