Re: [oletrucks] engine swap & motor mounts

To: thomasind@nventure.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine swap & motor mounts
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
also guys-i DID find that the modern motors WILL bolt up the old style
front motor mounts but i only recommened it when i thought there would
be a bellhousing mounted on the stock xmember.
  with the auto trans you need some support farther back so using the
side mounts and rear trans mount is the best deal.

as far as detents and neutral safty-i incorporated both in my setup.
i made a spring loaded bracket on teh 3psd rod inside cab below dash.
then i welded on tab on column tube and after trans was set up, I cut
grooves in tab and with spring it 'locks' into detent in each gear.

 nuetral safty switch-im in AD truck with brakes under floor so i just
added a second brake light switch under pedal shaft and ran my solenoid
wire through it so engine will only start when brake is depressed.

mark

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.