Re: Air Compresser - Phase 2

To: Steve Hammatt <shammatt@sos.net>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air Compresser - Phase 2
From: Michael Sloane <msloane@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 06:56:15 -0500
At 02:56 AM 3/9/97 +0000, Steve Hammatt wrote:
>OK, now that I've got my air compressor,
>what's the group's collective wisdom on the
>following:
><snip>
>3.  Since this is a vetical 60 gal unit (just a weee bit
>top heavy), I'd planned to secure to concrete floor;
>any recommendations?  anti-vibration pads, how to secure
>to concrete, etc.
This has been mentioned before in this forum, and I think the conclusion
was that one should not secure the compressor too well, since the normal
operating vibrations will fatique the mounting legs if they are not allowed
to move. It was suggested that only 2 of the 4 legs be lagged into the
floor, and not clamped down tight - this would keep the machine from
"walking" and not allow it to tip, while still allowing it to bounce around
a little. I would drill and install regular plastic or lead anchors.

Mike