Air Compresser - Phase 2

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air Compresser - Phase 2
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 08:58:00 -0500
-> "M" type copper tubing, one is for running underground and
-> is twice the cost of the other.  Any suggestions?

 I can't see that it'd make a lick of difference one way or the other.
Go with the cheap stuff.

-> 2.  Source for hose.  Local warehouse builder store is
-> around $65/50 ft.  I don't have a Harbor Freight catalog.
-> Any suggestions?

 Go for 3/8" ID hose and 3/8" fittings.  The cheap stuff is 1/4", which
will choke down tools that use a lot of air.

 There's also more than one kind of chuck and nipple arrangement.  Avoid
the weird stuff and go for Campbell-Hausfeld stuff.

 Don't forget a few pieces of *short* hose.  I have some six footers I
just at the bench so I don't have to hassle with 50 feet of hose.

-> top heavy), I'd planned to secure to concrete floor;
-> any recommendations?  anti-vibration pads, how to secure
-> to concrete, etc.

 Mine came bolted to a pallet.  I just moved it into the shed, pallet
and all.  It's been fine for years.  A friend bought his vertical
compressor in 1979 and it's *still* on the pallet after four moves.

 Don't forget to pull the drain plug on the tank before locating the
compressor.  Install an elbow and a hose nipple, and run a short piece
of hose with a ball valve so you can drain the compressor.  Beats the
hell out of laying on the floor and getting water in the face.

====dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==