Re: Air Compresser - Phase 2

To: "Bob Bownes" <bownes@emi.com>, "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Subject: Re: Air Compresser - Phase 2
From: "Michael Tanner" <Firesmith@voyager.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:24:09 -0500
Ok, now you have my interest as well.  I can't see that anyone else has
warned about the hazards of using copper pipe for air, so I will ask the
question.  Why not use either schedule M or L copper for air use?  I was
initially planning on running about a hundred plus feet from my garage
where my big compressor is located thru the basement into my other
workshop.  I opted for a little portable nailer compressor in the shop, and
scrapped the copper based primarily on hassle and cost.  What else argues
against its use?