Re: metal brake line replacement

To: Bob Douglas <b-douglas@ti.com>
Subject: Re: metal brake line replacement
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 14:18:09 -0800
Bob Douglas wrote:

> Thanks for all the responses to the original questions.  It looks like I'll be
> chasing down leads for the rest of the week.

> AN fittings - Uses single 37 degree flare.  Apparently superior to double
>flare
> where lines are expected to be disconnected and reconnected after the initial
> installation. Adapters used to avoid mixing AN with the more typical 45 degree
> flares/fittings.

Worth keeping in mind that the other designation for AN (Army-Navy) is
currently JIC (Joint Industrial Council). These are 37 deg. fittings,
and generally all high-pressure hydraulic fittings conform to JIC
standards. The 45 deg. fittings are commonly known as SAE. There are
also Swagelok-type fittings made for very high-pressure use (up to
10,000 psi), but these generally are straight-thread with special
o-rings and require too much modification of brake parts for brake use.
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....