Re: Broken Stud...

To: mdunst@smtplink.coh.org
Subject: Re: Broken Stud...
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 17:52:18 -0800 (PST)
Dunst, Mordecai writes:

>      1/2" (long) stud broken in block--3/8" proud of the deck.   Any
>      suggestions.
>
>      I've tried penetrating oil-soak, heat, banging to and fro, trying to
>      tighten it just a soach,...what I'm left with is EDM ($$$).

Use a Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel to cut a slot in the top and
then use an impact wrench (not an air wrench, this is
the kind you hammer on) with a straight bit in it to loosen it.

Centerpunching and drilling it first would be a good idea, sometimes
drilling a hole lengthwise makes it come out easier.

--
   Eric Murray  ericm@lne.com  Network security and encryption consulting.
PGP keyid:E03F65E5 fingerprint:50 B0 A2 4C 7D 86 FC 03  92 E8 AC E6 7E 27 29 AF