RE: Rusty Welding Tanks

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Rusty Welding Tanks
From: Michael Leach <mrleach@Fair.Net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 23:37:03 -0500
To be on the safe side your going to need a VIP and a hydro test.  The
VIP is just a visual inspection of the inside of the tank for rust and
whatever else. The hydro test is done in a controlled water tank.  They
can measure the amount of expansion the tank has under some very high
pressure for a "x" amount of time usually more pressure then you would
normally fill the tank.