Re: Broken Stud

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Broken Stud
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 00:14:03 -0500
Michael Leach wrote:
> Pickup an ez-out kit from your local hardware supply if you don't
> already have one.  Drill out the center of the broken bolt and use
> ez-out to remove broken bolt.  It seems to work everytime.

  It does indeed work everytime, a very great tool.

  BUT.

  When the easy out breaks, you are REALLY done for. I broke
an easy out trying to remove a bleed nipple from a rather
valuable caliper, and that was the end of that caliper. You
can't really drill it out after.

  Use eye protection, ez-outs don't break, they explode into
hundreds of missiles. The bit just disappars, you never find
nearly as many pieces as it would take to superglue it back
together. ;>

--
 /       Trevor Boicey          1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget    /