Re: Broken Stud

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Broken Stud
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 19:50:20 -0500
>  When the easy out breaks, you are REALLY done for. I broke
>an easy out trying to remove a bleed nipple from a rather
>valuable caliper, and that was the end of that caliper. You
>can't really drill it out after.

I did exactly that to a caliper, and my brother-in-law was able
to remove it with a MIG welder.  he gradually added material to
the easyout-bleeder mess until there was a big blob of metal
attached.  He was then able to remove the entire mess with vice
grips.  Heat of the welder probably helped some too.

Steve Trovato
trovato@computer.net