Re: Oil change interval for synthetic oil

To: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Oil change interval for synthetic oil
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:09:44 -0400
That's not really fair.  I know that at least one company recently
wanted to quote a lower number for fuel economy for its hybrid car, but
because of federal regulations it had to use the window sticker
numbers.  The problem with fuel economy numbers is that the test method
is not very 'real world' anymore.
That said, I did have one car that consistently did better than its
rated fuel economy.  It was my '01 TDI Jetta.  We almost always got 50
mpg or better on the highway.

~Paul