Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 00:58:45 -0700
> buy Milwaukee electric,

I tried that, once.  Broke the piggy bank to buy a 1/2" Magnum Holeshooter.
Took it back  a couple of months later, because the speed control quit
working, and the chuck developed a tight spot so bad you had to use the key
to turn it.  No, they wouldn't give me a new one, but they would repair mine
under warranty ...

Couple weeks later I got it back, still had exactly the same problems.  But
I needed to do some work with it, so I didn't return it for another month or
two.  Same story; they'd send it out; that time it took over a month for it
to come back.  And it still didn't work right.

Third time they kept it TWO months, then claimed it was out of warranty and
I would have to pay for the repair.  No, I couldn't have it back unrepaired,
they had already done the work and if I did not pay, I didn't get my drill.
The charge was nearly $50 (some 25 years ago), almost half what I paid in
the first place.  But they had finally fixed it right, and it was pay that
or buy a new one, so I paid.

It still works, so I can't complain about the quality.  But then, so does
the 1/4" B&D POS it replaced <G>

Randall