Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:27:10 +0000
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
> And I just recently got a Milwaukee cordless sawzall that has a "no tools"
> blade changing mechanism that rocks my world.

I have a corded "anniversary model" sawzall wth this chuck.  You are correct:
It is very easy and quick to use.

> There's a lot of tools at HF that
> are equivelents to name brand stuff and there's also a lot that aren't
> quite as good, but I'll never appreciate the difference enough to justify
> the extra cost.

For larger-size end wrenches and impact sockets, I buy the cheap stuff.  The
price difference is extreme, and these tools work just fine.  Small-sizes, I go
with at least Craftsman.

I bought a 90-degree drill motor on sale from HF for 25 bucks.  Since a
name-brand unit is 200 or more, it was a no-brainer.  It still works fine, and
may outlive me.  I'm sure not going to wear out 8 of them.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,