Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 15:15:31 -0400
> The high-volume models (or
> what were the high-volume models until the game shifted over the past
> year) are all made in the US.

Well now, that's only semi-true.  Yes, there are some Camry's and Corolla's
made in the US.  Toyota also builds them in Japan, Brazil, Venezuela,
Canada, Russia, South Africa, Turkey, China, Taiwan, India, Malaysia, and
Pakistan.

> There's nothing sold in the US and licensed as a normal road vehicle
> that costs less than $2000 to make.

Problem is, it wasn't Jimmy down there on the docks, babbling away because
he read it in the National Inquirer. It came up in a meeting with a number
of the executives of North American operations from several of the car
companies.  I hope you understand that I'm pretty inclined to believe them
over you.  They sure were quick with the breakdown of their manufacturing
and operating costs.