Re: [Shop-talk] 6 to 3 fuel saving

To: "Steven Trovato" <strovato@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 6 to 3 fuel saving
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:25:46 -0500
*I followed Steven's link and read about all four of the systems in use to
reduce the effective displacement of engines for economy.  The
electronic/hydraulic complexity of the systems combined with the small
savings to be gained make it sound a dubious development to me.  Two of the
systems even go to the trouble to fit switchable tuned exhaust systems so as
to retain the "full engine sound" . .sheesh.*