Re: [Shop-talk] Nova - PBS show

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Nova - PBS show
From: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:00:05 -0400
The good thing about new designs is that the vehicle dissipates and redirects
all the energy and the occupants walk away.

I do know that carbon fiber is a very strong fiber and with proper adhesives
can
be formed into very strong and light structural panels.  But proper design of a
vehicle today requires that the vehicle sacrifice itself.

I think most insurance companies would rather replace a $250,000 car than pay
the millions it takes to keep a human vegetable alive until the lawyers have
finished their feeding frenzy.  Of course, they'd really rather not pay
anything, so your rates will probably go up and you'll never collect anyway.

Donald.