Re: [Shop-talk] Nova - PBS show

To: "Bill Gingerich" <bill@gingerich.us>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Nova - PBS show
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:33:58 -0400
Shesh,

I never called you a liar Bill, and I never said you can't read.  I called
BS on the information itself.  I'm sorry you feel it was a personal attack,
it wasn't.

My sources I already elaborated on previously.  Oklahoma laws, etc.  Read
what I wrote, I spelled it out.  And if you would kindly read what I wrote,
you'd notice I thanked Randal for finding the proper law citation.  In fact,
you might even notice that I immediately went from calling BS to completely
acknowledging that the law exists.  Enough to make it seem that I, er,
changed my mind.  ;-)

Like I said in the message that you apparently didn't read, while I'm sure
the law is real (it is), it doesn't appear to be enforced.  I found electric
vehicle clubs in Oklahoma, and nary a mention of this with their converted
cars.  Not one of them showing the windshield sticker the law requires.  I
found alternative fuel vehicles in Oklahoma, same thing.  I found companies
in Oklahoma making EV's and various conversions, with no mention of this
law, and not a single windshield sticker on any of the vehicles shown.

I'm sorry you got so bent out of shape and feel so personally attacked.  You
weren't.  I doubted the accuracy of the story (heavens, to think I would
ever doubt a news story or something someone said on the internet!) after
being unable to find any substantiation of it on my own.