Re: [Shop-talk] Nova - PBS show

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Nova - PBS show
From: Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
I think the movie was "Redline"; I'm pretty sure the actor was Eddie Griffen
(comedian, and I don't think known for his driving prowness).  I don't know
whether or not the accident was planned, but he basically understeered the car
(Enzo) and plowed into the barrier; it was very ugly to see that car hit a wall
(youtube it).  This happened around the same time that rich idiot totalled his
Enzo at high speed in Malibu, then scurried off and claimed he had lent it to
someone else.  In that accident, the front and rear subframes were ripped off
the car, leaving the cockpit intact.  I believe the cockpit is autoclaved as
one complete unit, so if the movie car were damaged badly enough, they'd have
to strip it and replace the whole thing?

BTW, the movie completely sucked; even the exotic cars were not enough to save
it.....