Re: Hello to the list!

To: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Subject: Re: Hello to the list!
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 15:40:49 -0400
Cc: spritenut@Exit109.com, Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Amy Turner wrote:
> Furthermore, a GM experimental car (a Corvette), containing a friend,
> was following me.  In case you've heard the rumors, they're true.  The
> bonnet can and will fly up once you reach a certain speed.

  The Corvette bonnet or the Spridget bonnet?

> Everyone says they can't be mixed, but no one can tell me why.  If dot 4
> does the job and dot 5 does the job and they happen to wind up in there
> together, what horrible thing happens?

  Apparently, one precipitates the other. Which means that when
the two liquids are combined, small particles of solid will start
to appear in the mix. This is probably something you can prove
in a glass jar, and decide just how bad it will be in your
brake system.

  A quick flush should get most or all of it out, especially
if it hasn't had too much time to become really bad. Because
of all the narrow tubing in a brake system, I suspect it doesn't
mix that quickly in all parts.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada