Re: Bugeye Hard Top

To: <trummel@caa.army.mil>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Hard Top
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 97 14:17:17 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 10/22/97 12:30 PM so and so  trummel@caa.army.mil said. (And I quote)

>Hi gang,
>
>I've been offered a hard top for my Bugeye.  It is reportedly in good
>shape except that it is missing the window.  The price is $400.
>
>Are windows available?  (If so, from where and for how much $$$ ?)
>
>Is $400 reasonable for a hardtop with no window?
>
>TIA.  Cheers!  Reid
Number A that seems way too much for a hard top w/o glass.
Number B My experience is I only have had a hardtop on when the car was
parked and to keep the snow off. A good cover is cheaper and a better
deal. If you drive a lot in the cold winters of the northern US and our
good neighbors to the north, you may want one as they work well to keep
the cold out. Our Midget was a daily driver for several years in WY and
CO and we made several road trips in snowy weather and it was great. Your
call.

Larry Macy
78 Midget