Re: Boiled the Tank

To: Dustin Howarth <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Subject: Re: Boiled the Tank
From: jphender@soli.inav.net
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 07:18:38 -0600 (CST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Dustin,

It may be crud.  Seems from the symptoms, however, that you may have a
poor seal where the fuel line enters the tank.  That connection is more
than halfway up the side of the tank and a compression fitting connects
the fuel line to a siphon which sucks the fuel from the bottom of the
tank.  If this connection is poor, you suck air from inside the tank
rather than fuel through the siphon.  When topped off, the fuel level is
above that fitting so you suck fuel through the leak and everything seems
fine.

I had just such a problem last week.

Good luck!

Jim Henderson