Re: Boiled the Tank

To: jphender@soli.inav.net
Subject: Re: Boiled the Tank
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 14:45:29 -0600
Cc: Dustin Howarth <howarth@pulsenet.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I worked with an old mechanic (Roger Menadue...built all the Healey "Works"
race cars) who would take a gallon of gas, a quart of oil, and a pound of
sheet metal screws... dump the whole shibumi (technical term) in the tank
(obviously removed from the car) and shake that bastard around until your arms
fall off. The sharp edges from the screws, along with the lubrication of the
gas/oil mixture do a good job of loosening up all the rust and crud in the
tank. Rog and I spent an afternoon on the Team Thicko moped pit bikes doing
this...

WST
Team Thicko