Re: Midget interior questions....

To: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Subject: Re: Midget interior questions....
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:35:16 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Gregory Kirk wrote:

> Hello Spridgeteers...
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding my Mk1 (1962) Midget's inerior.
>
> OK sacrilege time: I'm not crazy about not having headrests (neck
> injuries could really ruin my day), so I was seriously considering
> getting some later model Midget seats with headrests.  How difficult
> would it be to fit seats from a 70 or later car into my 62?

Does your car use seat rails that are bolted to the floor with a stud on
the front and a hole in the rear?  If so, the yes it will fit.

> Next sacrileigious question:  I'm planning on doing the the car in
> British Racing Green, and I'd like to do the interior in Tan/Biscuit.
> Would later model interior and carpet kits fit in my Midget?  I know the
> door panels won't work, but I' thinhking aobu the panels around the
> transmission tunnel, and behind the seats?

They changed the rear divider between trunk and interior with the
introduction of the folddown top.  The divider is more slanted back, so in
effect a taller piece.   But I am sure you could recover that piece
yourself.
The center panel above the tunnel in front is not as tall on later cars
because they came with a radio console behind which there is no panel.
The other panels would PROBABLY fit.

                                                           '67 Sprite