Re: Buy one get one free

To: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Buy one get one free
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:00:10 -0800
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Guys,

I have been thinking about this a bunch since last night, and though it
distresses me to no end, I completely understand.  LBC's are not easy,
BMW's are.  BMW has been doing everything to capture the British Car
fans.  When the Z-3 was introduced, it was done in a James Bond movie
replacing such predecessors as the Aston Martin, Bentley, and Lotus.
They bought Rover to get the Land Rover guys and also own the rights to
the Austin Healey and MG name. They have produced the MGF in GB, and
have released pictures of a year 2000 big Healey.  Yesterday they even
bought the great RR and Bentley marquees.

Maybe none of us have the chance to keep from being seduced by the
Bavarians. Frank falling over to the dark side proves that (just
kidding). That new 6-cyl seems to be a great car, Motor Week raved about
it on their PBS show. I wish I could afford one, but here in Dallas
there is a Z-3 on every corner, and I never wanted to be a guy driving a
car like my neighbor!!!  I like being an original, like my Sprite!!!

Patton

--
Patton Dickson                   Dallas, TX
'67 AH Sprite - http://members.xoom.com/spridget/sprites.html